Nesting, haggardness, affections and inspiration

My first stint of nesting or transitioning of new agents is done. The assignment came as a surprise because another supervisor is supposed to handle the 21 new people from another account. It was presented to me just 2 days prior my rest day and after that is the start of the nesting class. I had selected my mentors and at the last minute, as in a twist of fate, they were interchanged to someone I haven’t met. The mentor I picked originally was assigned to another team. I was so nervous to make things right and to perform since I only have one week to hit the sales conversion target and get my team to do it. I flourish in building relationships so I love being in a team where I have a month or so to develop. But I was given 21 people to develop and meet the sales target in a week. The environment is competitive because my counterpart is another class handled by a vet supervisor who has been assigned to such task since the account has pioneered. Not only that, I was given the challenge to beat the existing sales record of another center.

After 5 days of going through the nesting period, planning with my mentors, floor walking for 8 hours without taking any break or lunch, brainstorming with my mentors and motivating my entire team, cheering the team and shouting the conversion every hour, staying in the office from 3AM to 7PM and even 9PM to finish my admin tasks and basically prepare for the next day, I ended up tired, empty and sick. I have been sick since the first day so I medicated myself with two paracetamol tablets whenever I start my shift and when I go to sleep.

The outcome? Oh yeah, I myself cannot believe it, we not only hit the target on a daily basis but we beat the record. I received a lot of commendation and kudos for my agents on a daily basis. The achievement is marked though it was my first time. Honestly, because my body is too tired, the achievement hasn’t sink in yet because I kept hoping that it’s my last nesting team and I want to have a regular team of my own and not just training.

What I can’t believe was that earlier, the last day of our nesting, during their graduation, I was touched by the agent’s comments and gratitude. There were relationships that were built and it felt like we were together for months.

It felt so good that even if I wanted to collapse, I wanted them to show my appreciation and finish the day so I can sleep. After thanking all my mentors and prepping them up for the next nesting team the following week, I can’t help but wish this is the last because I am really so wasted. I will be given 27 people next week and I have my own record to beat.

What carried me through all these? Thank God for his daily strengthening and encouragement for me to be STILL and see his deliverance. I can’t imagine that I was the supervisor of the winning team and to think my mentors were new as well to this set up.

I learned that God has a purpose for everything and a reason why I was placed there- I love people and building them up! So even if I’m overstretched, God’s grace carries me through daily.

Seven hours after my shift, I am still awake although physically I can’t even talk because I’m feverish. Yet, my mind is so full of gratitude and amazement how God nailed it for me. I was even disappointed by a lot of people, even the person that I cared for, and another person I respected. Good thing that God has carried me through all these.

I’m excited in the next coming weeks after next week’s nesting as I will be assigned a team entirely from another account. I love and welcome changes. I know that my contacts and relationships will again multiply as our account continues to grow. And yet, I still long to spend time with this friend who has been withholding the gift of friendship from me. Even when I have tried many times to reach out, the results turn out to be awkward.

At this state, I am still being STILL before God because if not, I will just get frustrated, hopeless and negative. Instead, I remain inspired by the fact that God works everything for my good and that I will just welcome whatever God will grant me. My agents, my affections for this person, my love for my job and my family, my ministry, my friends and most of all GOD himself is enough reason for me to live my life to the full!

It’s true that if you were given a gift, don’t hold on it so much or you will struggle when it is taken from you. For now, the gift is there for a display and no matter how much I long to be with the person and enjoy the friendship, the timing is still not right. But I have big hopes and I am praying that we will have that time together.

I have learned to leave everything to God and enjoy every second of my life. Now I still see beautiful things, I see a better picture of what is to come. And I see my friend as part of that picture.

I have discovered that through tough times, affections for someone is one of the greatest encouragement to comfort you and give you a full doze of inspiration to go on.

Oh yeah, what is life if you are not inspired. And I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)