Happy Talk

Happy, happy, happy talk...talk about the things you like to do....(South Pacific). We all love to talk but we all need to be careful because we will have to give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word we have spoken(Mt12:36). The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. (James 3:5)

1 Peter 2

1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind

  • Yeah, even in Christian circles, we need to be careful of this evil-----Slander.
  • I have been entangled by this as an unwilling prey this past week
  • I was perceived by that one person that I am praying for Him (no offense to the brother because we already cleared the issue and have patched up our differences)
  • These items circling around Christian circles specially around single people is not only unpleasant to God but it gives very little room for possible pure friendships because it always threatens the possibility of making someone a future mate

12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

  • And this is the test for all of us because people are watching how we live our lives.
  • How will they know?
    How will they remember?
    What will they see that is different in you?
    How will they know? Will they find any answers?
    In the gospel according to you

15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, and honor the king.

  • I love this verse because it doesn’t mean we are not going to be victims of circumstances. In fact we will be tested many times by how we Respond or React to things.
  • I was tempted to react this time because of the issue spreading but I know that I should love those who hurt and persecute me.


19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God.

20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

22"He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."

23When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.

  • Our response:
  • Trust God that he will give you grace to endure that situation
  • It is an opportunity for us to please God so we may receive commendation from Him.
  • We have Christ as our example. And we have not endured to the point of death, even death on the cross
  • So I just accepted that this could be a test for me and I should be careful with my assessment and perception of the situation.

24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

25For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls

  • Yes, I was once lost but now am found. I have an overseer who knows what I need and will not allow me to be harmed
  • I need not panic because I live for righteousness and I am a new person.
  • I can respond to my circumstances with the thought that God is in control.
  • Before I faced that brother, God just walked me through the following verses in
    1 Peter and here in Chapter 3 I was led to write down some very important verses.
  • I thought to myself, “well this is just a simple matter, why all the fuss?”. Little knowingthat God is preparing me for the battle at hand. I didn’t know that beyond what’s happening (the gossip), there was a false accusation.
  • And here’s how God revealed his ways to me. Oh, how I love God’s ways. Yes Lord, you are now teaching me your ways

    1 Peter 3
  • 8Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. - this is the goal : harmony and it takes humility and compassion. Most people struggle to make their point accross. You can be right, but the brother and sister just seek acceptance. So why battle for something that is really not important to them. The issue here is UNITY in THE BODY. And the Enemy, Satan will do anything, create conflicts to destroy that.
  • 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. - even if I am tempted to expose to their face their own shame and folly, I wouldn't. Why? It is to my glory to overlook an offense. Problem is, my brother, my mom and the people who loves me wants to defend me. I don't want to be disqualified for the blessing. "A False accusation is the next step to Spiritual Promotion" (Mike Murdock). It's time to shine!
  • 10For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. - I'll refrain from talking like them. I choose to respond in love.
  • 11He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. - Peace is the goal.
  • 12For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." - Vengeance is God not mine. Their foolishness will find them out. God is not unjust.
  • 13Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? - wow!
  • 14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened." - The righteous are as bold as a lion, the wicked flee on the other hand with no one pursuing them. I have nothing to be ashamed of if my heart is pure. Search my heart o God and see if there is anyhing offensive in me.
  • 15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, -Again, '"but do this with gentleness and respect".
  • 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. - FANTASTIC
  • 17It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

  • And so it goes, I spoke to my brother together with a sister for accountability and sure enough, it was all resolved. We can laugh about it now because the goal is not who is right and who is wrong but that we should protect each other during gossip, give the benefit of the doubt, do not take offense, be careful with how you treat one another. For love covers over a multitude of sins.


    Psalm 133:1-3

    A song of ascents. Of David. How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!

    It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes.

    It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

    No one likes to hear gossip and criticism all the time. Gossips are usually avoided, and thus they become outcast from the rest of the world. God will outcast the gossip. There is not room in His Kingdom for those who delight in the shortcomings of others. Christ within us should build up, not tear down. If we give our hearts over to Christ, then we ill never say damaging things against our neighbors. Speak only with the tongue of Christ, and you will be a blessing to everyone you meet.

    Prayer:
    Remove from me a malicious and gossiping nature, Lord. Fill me with praise and joy and spiritual thoughts. Let my words bless others with kindness and love. Amen

    - from a friend

    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



    Comments

    Anonymous said…
    I remember Paul saying that "life and death is in the power of the tongue". Guard the words that come out of your mouth. It reflects what is in your heart and mind. And us, being new creations, it is God's love that should resound in everything that we say. But don't get me wrong, we are humans and commit mistakes. We live in an imperfect world. But as His children who confess to have submitted to His will, it is enough to say that we should aspire to be perfected each day in every aspect of our lives and that includes the words that we say.
    OliVeShOoTs said…
    I almost always ask God what He's teaching me in any given situation. Grace. Trust. Love. Perseverance. In gentleness & quietness of spirit is your strength. How do you love someone who's unlovable?
    Obedience means doing exactly what you are told to do--without variation, without hesitation, without objection.
    I love how you feed your soul with spiritual food..."My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
    Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
    For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
    Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
    Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
    Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
    Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
    Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil."

    From glory to glory, you shine like the stars...& I love thee always
    ChinaPolarBear said…
    2 Tim 2:16

    "Avoid Godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more unGodly."

    17a
    "Their teaching will spread like Gangrene."
    Anonymous said…
    Great work!
    [url=http://tzyhemki.com/qdgp/rqeh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://aypxgbsk.com/tmyl/msql.html]Cool site[/url]
    Anonymous said…
    Well done!
    http://tzyhemki.com/qdgp/rqeh.html | http://geepimkr.com/sdwz/cywh.html
    Anonymous said…
    Nice site!
    [url=http://aniackas.com/fqjh/stvf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://frbxpvhz.com/gdpp/duxr.html]Cool site[/url]
    Anonymous said…
    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit
    Anonymous said…
    Great work!
    http://aniackas.com/fqjh/stvf.html | http://ecbzxlwa.com/elah/nxrd.html

    Popular posts from this blog

    Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)

    Everything's New