Romancing with God



Three years before my dad passed away, I experienced the most touching bond between a daughter and a father. I’m sure that he is unaware of it. It happens every 4 or 5 am in the morning. I would wake up because I would hear someone from downstairs praying, singing and crying like a child. I’m a very light sleeper so even if I am entitled to hoard some sleep I still end up waking up at the slightest sound or inconvenience. So at this time, I would slowly go down the stairs to get something to drink and I would see my dad with his bible on the table and him standing up with hands held high worshipping God. I am accustomed with this kind of environment. The presence of God sometimes would be so strong that whenever we would gather in the living room (my dad, mom, Paul Amerigo, Paul Jehu, Liza and Marco) we would sing for 3 hours. Marco would play the keyboards and I would lead the worship. We would dance, jump, clap, bow down--name it we have done it but we were having a ball. My mom would later give a prophetic message and a word while Liza reads the passage. We would end up praying one by one. Those were the days and I hold that picture forever in my heart. I would always say to myself that I can never live without singing but now I can never live without worshipping. Such is the heritage passed on to me by my dad and I would surely adapt that and carry it over the next generation. Just last Sunday at the fort, I am reminded of the same feeling of being caught up in the presence of God. Jose led the worship and this giant surely knows how to usher the people to the presence of God. So we were all caught up in God's glory and it's like touching the hem of Jesus' robe that I felt the power. It was like singing with multitudes of angels because even after we would stop singing (worship team); the crowd would still sing with hands held high and faces lit up. Wow! I heard God telling me "Romance me". That's it! I knew then that it has been a long time and I need to go back to that point again where I am just romancing God. That's how it has been, all throughout the week, it has been my goal to just romance God in any given situation or opportunity to worship him. While traveling, in front of the computer, while sitting down--I'm caught by this glory! Coolness! Everything really grows strangely dim in the light of Christ's glorious face. I mean, nothing really beats the feeling of being in love. And being in love with God for this matter. I’m still learning this art of romancing God although I may have seen a book about it by John Eldredge. After reading the "Captivating” book maybe I'll get that one. The enemy would love to divide out attention and time away from God that even our own seemingly valid desires can get in the way. It has become simpler for me. If it bothers you and comes between you and your romance with God, it's not worth it or worth your time and attention. Everything should always inspire you to draw near him. Posers should be eliminated by now. I mean at this point I am able to fully discern which ones are posers and which ones are for real. I’m just annoyed by men who would try to get my attention and then act like a gentleman on the outside and get offended if they see that they have no place in my heart. For me that is a poser. I mean, you don't need to pretend to be what you are not because if God has brought you together, you'll love the slightest trait of that person even if it means his food sticking at the end of his mouth, you'll still find it adorable. On the other hand, romancing God is the first priority that actually makes us all complete. I mean, engaged or not, if you base your happiness to your partner--how sad and flaky can that be. I would always tell my friends who are about to get married especially if they are caught up in a fight that God is still the Beginning and the End. It's not the end of the world honey; your partner is still subject to change at the foot of the cross. God is the ever dependable lover of your soul and your completeness is found in him--in fact, he is the source. My brother just asked me, what will I do if the guy I am about to marry and I are caught up in a fight. I just answered, although it's a partnership, God is in the middle and he would settle it if we are really destined to be for each other. Well such was not the case I guess because I already got engaged twice ha ha. Anyways, I have been helping a lot of women lately who thinks that they can find happiness through their partner, wrong again--I hope I don't sound like a man hater because I am not but hey, you are a princess, you are meant to be pursued. Let them pursue you and just leave them at the presence of God and unveil your beauty to the world. Satan wants to steal and kill your joy. Instead, romance God and be romanced by Him. You'll discover that you have more love to give, more understanding to extend, more affection to express. One day, I will write a book about all the things I have mentioned in this blog, my brother id pushing me to do one already.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


Recent events:
Victory Weekend- Poupe had a blast and that event marked a new season
It's a new season for me too, I see many things new starting this week
Teri is back from New Zealand and she led the team yesterday with a vengeance
Jose signed up to lead worship at the fort and this giant is such a gift to the church
New teams in saturday is installed, we're growing and I have more time to read books
Just done with the special training in line with my promotion as supervisor...and awaiting more
Chito joined Tin and I last Sunday the fort and we were like triplets

Upcoming:
3 people closest to my heart are walking down the aisle, Edel this March. Lilet on April and Rose pushing for April too
Recording of my compositions
Tin, Chito and I starting an outreach in PS
new teams for me at Expedia.com
my birthday and.....
A new season in my lifeto be unveiled....

Comments

Ganns said…
This post reminded me of my father, too. In his last days, I spent a lot of time with him. It's so very important to build that relationship with one's parents, because one won't have them around for very long. Thanks for that reminder. Gotta call Mom. :)
Anonymous said…
Good design!
[url=http://kjqgksyr.com/mjbn/dcdb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rppnxixp.com/rjmh/bnbu.html]Cool site[/url]
Anonymous said…
Anonymous said…
Nice site!
http://kjqgksyr.com/mjbn/dcdb.html | http://xtmxqbrq.com/nsws/lzzz.html

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk