Pride & Prejudice


I watched Pride&Prejudice with Tin, Chito and Ana. Wow, I love the bed at fusion in GB3. Before watching the movie we were like princesses being served food in the bed table. The coolest thing ever! It was the most romantic film ever! I love how the man Mr. Darcy really acted like a man and how the woman Elizabeth never apologized for her strength and yet Mr. Darcy matched up with her. Wow, him saying these words, Mr. Darcy: "You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on." I guess all of us had our locked jaws open for like forever. The cinematography was excellent and it's all like a scene from your most favorite movie. Every still is like a postcard taken. I love the location, the charcaters. I love the way Mr. Darcy walked towards Elizabeth at the very last scene. I love the story overall!
The first time he laid his intentions were these words:
Mr. Darcy: I love you... most ardently...Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.
Elizabeth Bennet: I don't understand.
Mr. Darcy: I love you
Pride and Prejudice is the story of Mr and Mrs Bennet (minor gentry), their five daughters, and the various romantic adventures at their Hertfordshire residence of Longbourn. The parents' characters are greatly contrasted: Mr Bennet being a wise and witty gentleman; while Mrs Bennet is permanently distracted by the issue of marrying off her daughters at any cost. The reason for Mrs Bennet's obsession is that their estate will pass by law after Mr Bennet's death to his closest blood relative: his cousin, the Reverend William Collins (a fatuous, tactless and pompous man). Austen's tale is spurred on by the arrival of the young and wealthy bachelor Charles Bingley and his friend Fitzwilliam Darcy.
It is the story of the various affections, affectations and engagement shenanigans that develop due to Mrs Bennet's relentless matchmaking and the dashing Darcy's tempestuous relationship with Elizabeth Bennet who Jane Austen claimed was favourite amongst her literary offspring. Its 1797 earlier version was turned down for publication and it appeared in this form in 1813.
To get the full story of the book visit: http://www.bibliomania.com/0/0/6/8/frameset.html
To see the movie which I recommend, CHECK IT NOW!!! It's still showing.



I suggest you stop my site music that's currently playing (lower right) before you play this one. Please be patient as it loads very slowly at first then plays good as you allow the play button clicked all the time. =)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved it, too!!! :) Soooo nice noh!? I guess I don't want to admit it, but I'm as helplessly and hopelessly romantic as... as... the worst anyone can be! Hahaha :)

sigh... *dreamy look*

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk