Anticipating the Great Reveal

It was the oddest of time when I first met you
It was the oddest introduction, nothing special too
If not for the outstanding deed you pulled out
You constantly distinguished yourself from the crowd

Unassumingly you are gentle, witty and kind
You speak of things which I strangely care about
For now I am evaluating carefully
If the time is ripe you will say it confidently

You are a rare breed and seasoned by time
I wonder like me, did you wait for 'The One'?
In so many things we are so much alike
For some strange reason I like who you are

Well, I recognize my taste is uncommon
It's not the outside attraction I usually envision
But looking in your heart so full of compassion
I know very well that day - we'll carry on...

Anticipating the Great Reveal
I don't want to preempt but I sense it is near
I pray that He will make it so clear
I know you won't waste time, you'll claim me 'my dear'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)