A SongWriter's Night held @ The Room Upstairs (2nd floor LRI Building, N.Garcia/Reposo Street across Alliance Francaise, Makati)

Attended A SongWriter's Night held @ The Room Upstairs (2nd floor LRI Building, N.Garcia/Reposo Street across Alliance Francaise, Makati) on May 12, 2007. It was also a "Bon Voyage" gathering for the Kyrgystan Short-term Missions Group.~ thanks pretty adjeng for letting me steal some of the pictures
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@





Acel and Sandy





Adjeng and Chinie Nepomuceno





Adjeng and Claire Pajo





Adjeng and Mimi of Iloveyoustore





Adjeng and Ronald Tupaz





Adjeng playing HUWAG NA LANG KAYA with Boy Kulot on vocals





Michael of Michaelangelo, Guy, and Mike's girlfriend





Mike Unson_Stand Up Comic





Miko Pepito doing his thing






Paul Pajo and Rodrin





Ross,Adjeng, Ikit, Nityalila,Mimi2

It was Saturday, my first night out after nesting period at work (*nesting is another word for transitioning agents by exercising theoretical knowledge to practice as they take calls on a full length shift). I really planned to check out the song writers night at “The Upstairs Room” in Reposo since it’s the fourth show my brother has produced and I haven’t attended any yet. So my friends Line, Wendell, Will and Ben decided to come. But there was a party we needed to visit in Cubao before the gig. There started the night of adventure. We got lost on our way because we didn’t know the exact location. After 3 hours late we ended in party full of dead people cold as ice. Matter of fact, I haven’t attended a party in my entire life that is as lame as that. I remember going to funerals as more joyful and fun. Mind you, after 3 hours, the celebrant wasn’t there and the assigned party hosts just looked at us with a look that is cold as ice and we really didn’t feel welcome. If it were my car, I would have driven straight to Makati to watch the gig. We decided on eating barbecue someplace. At least, even if the place is jam-packed, there is more warmth from strangers smiling than the people from the party. Elline, Will, Ben and I ate, and had some ice cream for dessert. I pity Wendell that he needed to endure the people because he stayed behind. I didn’t want to go out of the car to join the party but we need to honor will’s invite so we greeted the celebrant but our harts and our feet wanted to run as fast as we could. My friends are waiting for me in Makati, so are Richard and Mike who has been following up on where I am. If I just knew this would be the case then I should have asked them to pick me from Cubao back to Makati. So goes our adventure and I know that any interference with my schedule has a purpose. Yes Ben needed company that time and it’s all for him. The Upstairs Room gig was a huge success because many showed up to perform and support the Kyrgyzstan peepz who will go this May for a two week mission. It was comforting to see familiar faces and most of all; I am in a place where I am celebrated. The artists were deserving of each applause and even if I am not eccentric, I enjoyed it.



This was after that lame party I shouldn't have attended. My haggard look says it all but I needed to see my bro's show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New