Why I Kissed Dating Goodbye

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" was spoken thrice in the whole book of Solomon in Song of Songs (Song of Solomon 2:7; Song of Solomon 3:5; Song of Solomon 8:4)
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@


.

Females were created by God to be pursued by man and not the one to pursue; to be a support and not to lead the relationship. I am so turned off by women who cannot control themselves from pursuing men. They orchestrate time, events and circumstances so as to make themselves available for the guy. Why do I disagree? Men are created to live an adventure and be the prince charming to rescue a beauty...the night and shining armor.
I have settled in my mind even when i was young to never ever do the pursuit because I am precious in the eyes of my creator and only then will I be able to test the sincerity and purity of a man's intention.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I was talking to my one good friend and I totally agree with what she said: "I’m just so glad that as I walk along, God teaches me a lot of new things about purity that I wouldn't know if I weren’t a Christian. I’m so much wiser now than x years ago, and there's still so much to learn. I CAN NEVER BE TOO PURE FOR HIM. Some nights ago I actually prayed to God that He bring back my lofty standards (if I may call it that), to make me pure "again" because, honestly, I feel that they have waned a bit. But I know that He will always be faithful to "provide a way out when I am tempted so that I can endure." (1 Corinthians 10:13) I learned that I shouldn’t put my trust in any man, I mean, not to completely emulate anyone whom I may deem "pure" because no human is perfect. We sometimes fall into our own potholes. I should only put my trust in Jesus who never sinned, and then follow his ways. I even got into a little teasing with God… I told him that I will not be swayed by a man’s glare, a man’s touch, a man’s sweet talkin’, a man’s gestures or favors, or whatever endearing thing that he may come up with. (I am much too PRECIOUS, too VALUABLE for that because I was bought at a PRICE, I am NOT MY OWN.) Then I will make it "so hard" for Father to convince me that this guy IS "the one." How will He let me know? I will let Him think of ways to let me know. Besides, He is God and I trust that He not only wants me to know when it’s time, He wants me to have peace about it. That’s it, He would REALLY have to convince me. Otherwise, any guy will be on hostile turf! Hehehe".
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Here's a good article that I want to share about dating:

How to Reject 'Defective Dating'
Joshua Harris
Author & Speaker

In Chapter 2 of the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye, I point out the problems (seven to be exact) that plague many dating relationships. But this isn't just a finger-wagging session about what's wrong. We're not just saying "no" to the defective, but yes to the effective.
Look at "The Seven Habits of Defective Dating" from that perspective, and you'll see what I mean. Turn each problem inside out and you will realize that by rejecting the defective, you're welcoming God's best for your life. Look at what you're saying yes to:
*********************

1. I reject defective dating that leads to intimacy without commitment, and I embrace the beauty of total intimacy and total commitment in marriage.
*********************

2. I reject defective dating that tends to skip the "friendship" stage of a relationship, and I choose to build my future marriage on the solid foundation of friendship with my spouse.
*********************

3. I reject defective dating that mistakes a physical relationship for love, and I choose purity and the clarity that comes in a relationship undistracted by premarital physical involvement.
*********************

4. I reject defective dating that isolates me from other vital relationships, and I'm saying yes to the joy, wisdom, and godly perspective that comes from investing in family and other friends.
*********************

5. I reject defective dating that distracts me from my primary responsibility of preparation, and I choose to glorify God and serve my future spouse by using this time in my life to prepare for the future.
*********************

6. I reject defective dating that causes discontentment with God's gift of singleness, and I embrace the contentment that comes with a heart of gratefulness and an attitude that seeks to make the most of today.
*********************

7. I reject defective dating that creates an artificial environment for evaluating another person's character, and I choose to get to know my future spouse in a setting that lets us both see who we really are and what our true character is.
*********************

Comments

ChinaPolarBear said…
Women are made to be pursued and not to be the pursuer. I also believe that if the man loves you, he will do all things possible to pursue and get you. He will not wander and wantonly desire others just because you are far from him.

Personally, I believe that no matter how intimidating I may seem to be, he will not be intimidated and will continue on wanting to get to know me better and win my heart and sweep me off my feet.

Love will come when it comes. In God's time. Ü
Anonymous said…
Here's what my friend shared with me before: "Be assured that His choice will surpass what you can think of or ask for. Even after almost 7 years of marriage, I'm still reaping the goodness of His answer to my prayer."

Let's just keep our focus on Him, and may His desire be our desire. :) Whether dating or not, if we live for Him and we turn to our spirit, He will guide us and show us what He wants us to do - that which is pleasing to Him.

Also,

Matthew 7:11
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk