Setting Sun

I had this conversation with a co-worker about sunrise and sunset. I used to love sunrise because it depicts hope and a promise of a new day. I was opened to the idea of the sunset’s beauty because it is romantic and it means soft lights, orange horizon and very dramatic. Since then, I never looked at sunset the same again. Lately, I am contemplating on Life’s Seasons. It is possible to miss out the purpose of today’s season if you are caught up in your future (next season) and your past (last season). And since nothing is permanent in life but change, seasons are sure to come and go. But God would always be faithful to guide us through every change and we get the purpose for that season from him alone.

I see a different season unveiled right now before me. And sometimes, just when you are having so much fun at present, you don’t want to welcome the change that is about to take place specially if it means people you dearly love has to exit your life because they too need to follow their own purpose and destiny. These unpleasant changes wake me up to remind me that I just need to look to God because he is the author and finisher of our faith. He would always work everything for the good of those who love Him.


My consolation is that I have obeyed God during that period and I have embraced and loved those assigned to me for that time being. I need to move on so I can have the best that God has for me and help more people along the way. Ecclesiastes 3:1 talks about timing on everything, “There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven”.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end” Ecc 3:11

~ I don't have to understand it , which most of the time, I don't, but trusting God makes the difference...at the proper time I will understand it..at the proper time, the beauty of the sunset and its grandeur will be revealed...

I have friends and agents moving on for better job offers and promotion which means less time if not rare times of togetherness. I have friends settling down and getting engaged which means they need to focus on their husband more and less of me. I have a brother who just got married which means he has his wife to call first whenever he needs advise. And since I value relationships and thrive in them, I may need to re-adjust my focus as well depending on God’s new assignment to me.

My new set of direct reports, a possible promotion, the new circle of friends in KC Fort are some of them and trusting God with all my heart and not lean on my own interpretation of the times makes it easier for me to have a better view of things and cope up with the change of the tides.

Just last Friday, I joined the worship night for singles at the Fort and I was refreshed to see old friends including my own cell group, cell leader and KC teachers. The next day, just when I was about to hit the sack, Aileen Y called me to meet up with friends at The Room Upstairs since Miguel’s brother Jam is performing. At past 10 PM, right after stepping out of the shower, I met up with them to enjoy fellowship and music with KC peepz (Mike P, Vivian, Aileen Y, Richard, Chico, Bryan, Poink). They decided after the 2nd set to proceed to IO and we had a blast specially when my old friend Tere joined us. They were too happy that I am not in a hurry to sleep or go to work which I normally do to excuse myself. Going home early in the morning I understood why I need to welcome the new season- there are new people assigned to me.

The next day, Sunday, I forced myself not to come to work and get addict with work again because I have been coming to work for more than a month during Sundays even if I don’t have to just because I want to take advantage of the silence and do my work in advance for the week. I attended 5 PM Fort service with Aileen Y and had dinner and movie with the single peepz of Fort. Pirates of the Caribbean was worth it because I am with the people I love. If you know me, I only do things if it involves my passion- reading, writing and spending time. Aileen Y and I escaped the group by 11PM to linger more at UCC near Starbucks 6750 to pray and enjoy the stars. I am starting to grasp and re-focus myself to this new season.

Like the sunset that fades in the dark, only for a time and then reveal its glory again so you can see everything in full by sunrise……….

(photo by: Paul Baustita of http://fotobaut.multiply.com/photos/photo/2/18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New