He will make it plain to you...

Marco’s wedding was simple and yet very memorable. Personally, I never attended a civil wedding and this was my first- my brother’s. I actually like it because it was simple, not expensive and we still had a sit down celebration with few close friends at The Room Upstairs in Reposo (the place to be for VCF singles on Saturdays). My mom and my dad were married civilly and although Marco and Jen will have their church wedding in Spain when they go back there, I wanted my own to be in the church or in a garden.

It just felt like I was in a teleserye than an actual wedding because of the courtroom setup. It was an unusual crowd as well- David Bonifacio as the sponsor (youngest ninong I have met), Donita Rose as one of the sponsors too and for a minute there was laughter because the judge had to admit she was her fan. William and Tanya as the other sponsors (William has been with my family in all important occasion for my brothers). It was still a spiritual family gathering as a matter of fact, and we are blessed to have Ptr Rey and wife from Turkey in one of their very few appearances...

The most memorable part was during the exchange of vows when Marco was saying his piece and I was really crying uncontrollably, thank God I managed to not make a sound like a crying cow. I asked my other brother Jehu why all of a sudden I was emotional like I was a stage mother and I arrived at the thought of maybe everything has turned in to reality for me only during that time. I have attended a lot of weddings but it never felt like this one. Maybe it was because it is the first in the family or maybe I remember my youngest brother still calling me “Ate Claire” when I was trying to pick him up when he was 3 years old and yet in front of me was a grown up man exchanging vows to his bride. I thought the feeling was isolated. Marco later on confessed that during that exact time he was mentioning his vows, he felt like God is separating him from the family to start his own (For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh-Gen 2:24).

Oh well, with all those emotions I have learned my lesson that next time, I will not agree to be the host if any of my siblings ever decide to marry. I can probably sing but not host like I normally do on other weddings. I looked miserable trying to cheer myself up during the ceremony when I co-hosted it with my other brother Jehu. It is really different if you are the family of either the bride or the groom. Or probably I will get the hang of it specially because I have 3 other siblings anticipating the ceremony anytime in the near future. It was a joyful celebration for Jen’s side as well as on our side. I am starting to believe that the ceremony is really more for the bride than for the groom because Jen’s family was so happy and thankful after seeing how much we have welcomed them and Jen with open arms.

When Marco decided on it, I have no doubts and I had peace. Matter of fact he has mentioned it already last December, roughly five months ago. Plus the fact that I know how hard it is for a man to decide on such matter means he really had a lot of time of thinking. He was our youngest in the five siblings and yet he was the first because it was God’s timing. Although of course, my mom would have her own predictions about my oldest brother going first, me second, 2nd brother next and so on… I am glad something happened this year.

The answer was revealed to all of us the night prior his wedding when plans about a mission startup in Spain will commence and Marco and Jen would be the first point of contact. Jen is a Spanish citizen, having worked there for eight years as a nurse. Marco will automatically gain the citizenship after the church wedding there. It was very timely because the plans would start as soon as both of them flies back to Spain.

God really make everything beautiful in his perfect time. Marco and Jen had felt affinity and closeness even the first time they met. They both testified that they felt they have known each other for so long that there was no struggle to get to know each other deeper. Ironically, both have opposite preferences when it comes to physical attraction but because it was God who placed the love in their hearts that is why it superseded their outward preferences.

I never saw Marco so comfortable and at rest as now. He looks content, happy and settled. There may be challenges that would lie ahead but because he has found favor in the Lord by finding a wife (He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD Pr 18:22), and with God as the center, he will always turn out as the champion.

About readiness, only God can say you are ready. Practically, one should have savings, finished school, asked for godly counsel, write their own standards etc…But aside from that, it is all by faith. If you are God fearing and listens to him before making a step, I am sure that he will make it plain to you.


(special thanks to Paul Bautista for the excellent pictures, his work is up for sale at The Room Upstairs or visit http://fotobaut.multiply.com/photos/album/2 for more of his masterpieces)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New