What's in a Call Center?

Being in this business for five years, friends ask me why I have so much grace to stay up late and work graveyard shifts and in a Call Center environment. My answer? I am planted! Yeah, I have never felt so smack right at the center of God’s will. I mean, I flourish here in terms of leadership and most of all- I am able to speak in the lives of my agents. And yes- I fell in love with them. I love books, I love writing but my greatest passion is spending time and sharing my thoughts to people. After shift we would hang out, I would talk about my books, about my love for God, about life, about their concerns and it all turns out to be some sort of a cell group. Just last week, most of my agents are now part of my cell group and they are just too happy to have an avenue where they can pour out their souls. Anyways, the reason why a lot of them go to bars and have a drinking session after their work is because they lack these avenues where someone can hear them out and pour out what they think life is.



I find myself at times praying for them whenever we have one on one coaching sessions. And God has placed me in a position where I can just speak life to them and love them. These people are hungry for attention, affirmation, direction and yes they too need God! And I am just too happy to be there for them. I have handled eight teams in a year and this has exposed me to different agents, supervisors and managers who are all wounded. But they don’t have time to deal with it because they need to sleep and wake up for the next day’s work. There are so many of them out there and they have become my friends, my companions, and my small group.



“People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care”. They know too much and some of them were doctors, nurses, part time law students, future pilot, and animator. From all walks of life I meet them but they just need one thing- ACCEPTANCE from God. They are brilliant people who are non-conformists. Since we are in a travel account, most of them worked in the airlines and travel industry. Most of them have been to different places. Some of them will go to different places after their stint in the call center. I may not see them again so I grab every season that they are in my team.



I celebrate each moment, which sometimes takes 3 months. I have an agent who’s in Dubai Emirates now but we were together for 8 months and I have shown her that life is not bad as she think it is. Life is good if you have God. My role is to be God’s lighthouse and is content in providing just enough light for the travelers to reach their point of destination. As a lighthouse, I am planted here for now. I am flourishing. I love the people and it’s no surprise for me why in the heart of God, he loves men and is delighted to see each person realize their full potential and their destiny if they have the right relationship with him. I am seeing God’s heart everyday when I look in their eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)