You are a leader!

I was amazed how my friend Kiko has risen up and established KC in Baguio. If you are reading this my friend then just let me honor you this way. Kiko was discipled by my bro Jehu and he was an average guy back in fort. We used to hang out a lot 2 years back because of the same circle of friends. His cell leader Stuart and my cell leader then, Rose are VLI classmates. Back then, he hasn’t really taken the role of leadership because he is still kindda hesitant.

Looking at him , now in Baguio, after establishing four group leaders and teams for Kid’s Church, and taking the pattern of KC Fort to Baguio, he has done a marvelous job of stepping up to the need and rising up to the occasion.

He has raised young, vibrant leaders and looking at them and interacting with them is like speaking to the same people back in gale and fort. It’s the same genes, same spirit, same values- I am amazed!

I was telling Kiko hours before going back to Manila that “Discipleship is really the key”. Once you are discipled and have been exposed to greatness, you can go out into the world, outside your comfort zone and make a difference. How do you eat an elephant? You slice it part by part. How do you change the world? You start with one person at a time. Kiko has definitely multiplied himself and created leaders like him. I pray for more men like you bro! Likewise, I am blessed to be surrounded with great men of VCF.

Coming back from the Leader’s Circle meeting from Fort, the same truth is being pounded over and over. Leadership is a success if you are able to empower men and women to replicate themselves. And we have the power within us, the Holy Spirit. Looking at Ptr Steve and Ptr Joey and all the pastors and leaders in Fort VCF, my eyes are clearly opened as to how true leadership really works. It’s not all about taking the glory or putting the power and burden all in the hands of the leader but giving it back to the people.

I am inspired to be exposed to such good leadership because I know the attributes I will be looking for in my future husband. Also, I am consoled to the fact that if there are men such as these then there is hope for the world, for our nation.

Great leadership stoops down to make people great. Remembering Ptr Steve’s words, “Our job is to equip you and influence you to be the godly man and not to bring you close to us so you can be godly”.

How ironic that in the world, even in my own workplace, leaders and managers doesn’t recognize true leadership and potential because they are likely to notice first those who kiss ass. They are unable to judge once true character because they manage by perception. This is clearly a service breakdown and can breed a lot of abuse and discourage real loyalty. Good thing we are all serving God and not men if you are doing your job well and yet you are unrecognized. Proverbs says that if you are skillful in you work, you will not serve before obscure men but before kings, so keep up the diligence.

I love people and making a difference in their life. Maybe that is the reason why for 5 years now, I am still in the Call Center industry. I love speaking into the lives of other people, spending time with them, loving them and helping them out in their own challenges.

There is a study that says the most timid person can impact 10,000 people in their lifetime. That means, whether we like it or not, we are an influencer so for those who are hesitant leaders, it’s not an option because what you are just doing is modeling poor leadership because guess what? You are already influencing other people with your behavior.

This means, we all need to grasp the right vision and count our days right and see t o it that in our lifetime, we are positively contributing by leading people to God. By this, we are affecting generations and eternity.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk