Reese Moment


Yesterday, Sunday, I had a Reese moment. I’m sure most of you are familiar with this very common peanut chocolate bar. My friend and I met in galleria so I can hear the Word and also relax my mind and my soul with God’s Word. She was talking about how she longed for this candy bar two days back. That for some reason, even if this chocolate bar was never her favorite she craved for it. She thought about it night and day because her mouth waters whenever she opens her refrigerator and sees the orange candy wrapper opposite the white background of her refrigerator. She even got up one night and wonder who owns it because she wants to get a bite if it. Finally, her dorm mate offered it to her and she got her most desired piece after two days of longing. Her dorm mate pitied her that they offered to buy her packs of Reese if she still craves for it. Well, she doesn’t need to go into that because after her bite, yes she was satisfied but it was less than extraordinary. It was so ordinary that she was disappointed how it tasted and resolved to herself that Reese was really not her favorite chocolate.

As she was telling the story, God used her to open my spiritual eyes over some things I was struggling and arguing with God about. It is about something that I was trying to bargain with God. The world would offer a lot of false and fancy package that it’s promising you a better option if you try it. Yeah, why not try this relationship, this idea, this way. At first, I was really bargaining my standards to God as if I could win. Guess what? God made me realize that what I desire is really not what I want in the first place. God knows me better than I know myself that if I insist on what I want and what I thought is ok since the world dictates that it is alright, then I would really not enjoy that piece of chocolate.

Instead God promises us that if He himself did not spare his own Son, how much more along with him graciously give me ALL things! The best of things! The best relationship! The best partner! Yes, He did not with hold and so, of course, as I follow God, I am not going to be tight fisted and keep all these feelings to myself. I am surrendering all of these to him. That was my Reese moment.

The world would say, I have all the right to be happy and I should not be restraining myself from being happy. But I know that if I wait just long enough, the best will come. Agh! The pain of waiting but it will all be worth it because I want to eat the best of the land.

True enough, after the service, I met a friend and I saw a sign. God showed me a lot of signs that night that he used people as illustration to reassure me that my waiting will soon be all over.

I just need to always see God’s intentions of giving me nothing but the best. I love this Reese moment. It made me realize that not all that glitters is gold. Not all people have good intentions. Not all open doors are God’s open doors. Not all opportunities would guarantee what I have been waiting for so long.

It’s worth the wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New