My Assignment Requires Seasons of Waiting

I love books! I just finished Mike Murdock's Assignment Volume One. I have been cherishing it morsel by morsel because I am rediscovering myself each time. The greatest lesson I want to carry with me is all about Waiting and the assignment being Geographical.


Yes - My Assignment Requires Seasons of Waiting!


I will summarize the major points of Mike on this entry and as I write them down, it never fails to remind me over and over the value of waiting. I am still waiting for God's promises to come into my life. I am waiting and I know that it is not in vain because

here are my rewards in waiting....


1. Waiting reveals patience (Hebrews 11:1)

2. Waiting is not wasted time (James 1:4)

3. Waiting guarantees favorable results (Lamentations 3:25, 26)

4. Waiting is learning time (Psalm 144:1)

- Flesh reacts on waiting because it wants action. But waiting forces the flesh to die.

5. Waiting will reveal the true motives and intentions of those around you

- Wise men never rely on intuition but on tests

- The young trust, the wise test

6. Waiting reveals that you trust God but are willing to test men (Psalm 20:7)

-waiting forces truth to emerge

7. Waiting enables you to gather accurate and untainted information

- The quality of your information determines the quality of your decisions. The quality of your decisions determines the quality of your life.

8. Waiting brings you truth

9. More waiting brings you more truth

10. Enough waiting brings enough truth

11. Waiting provides God time to address your problem miraculously

-wait for God’s timing

-waiting allows God to take the lead

12. Waiting increases strength (Isaiah 40: 29-31)

13. Waiting is a weapon Satan dreads to discover (2 Corinthians 2:11)

The assignment is Geographical

“Where you are determines the flow of favor in your life”. Favor is worth a thousand days of labor. Go where you are celebrated instead of where you are tolerated -> seek to be where God really wants you. When you are with the right people, the best comes out of you!


I know it is easier said than done but I know that God will reward our confidence and our hope because He is a God who never lies. He is not like a man who promises and yet doesn't fulfill. So whatever, no matter how many, no matter how great, no matter where and no matter when, God is able to exceedingly, abundantly, far above all we can ever ask or think honor his words and his promises.

I just need to recognize first and foremost my ASSIGNMENT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk