How I met the Lover of my Soul

Sixteen years ago, I see life as a huge play act. Everyone has their own role and I have a big role to play because I always find myself at the center of the play. I was afraid to commit a mistake because I feel like I will ruin the play. I was not an addict, I have no family problems, in fact my parents and siblings are the most loving creatures on earth. But back then, I was LONELY. At 15 years old, I was insecure like most teenage girls are. I was at the top of my class, I have different admirers and people seem to like me everywhere I go. I would organize parties as a student council head and want to see my friends and my school having fun. But at the end of the day, inside my room, I would cry. I still remember the very words I asked God, “I want to be happy”. At that time, God must have heard my sincere though brief prayer.

The camp which ran for 5 days washed my selfishness, my thoughts about life. I stopped cursing for 5 days and after the camp, going back to campus, I was a different person and my friends thought something happened to me during the summer.

I met my lover, I met Jesus. I never felt so secure, loved, wanted, needed, and protected. Everyday, I would sing songs of love to Him. For some people, meeting God in a personal way for the first time means meeting their father, their friend, their provider. But for me, I met the lover of my soul.

That mode carried me through all temptations in high school and college. God is wise to reveal himself to me that way so I can be preserved all throughout until now.

Sometimes I would pause and wonder how God loves us so much to really pursue us just so we can notice him. We were caught up with all wrong things in life that we forget we just need wisdom from his word so we can go on.

I love wisdom, I love listening and hearing out people’s thoughts and see them in the light of God’s Word. While in Baguio, I have this thought on what separates Wise from the Fools while reading Proverbs 1……

  1. Wise are not simpletons – yet so many people delight in simplicity and what they don’t know is that it is a KILLER. Once you think like an average Joe then you don’t let God’s wisdom influence your thinking. God’s Word sets you apart from the rest and will give you great insight that no one else can give you.
  2. Wise responds to rebuke well – the key word is RESPOND and not REACT. People naturally react to a correction that they close their ears to the possibility of gaining from it. But if you know God’s word, you know that wise men respond to correction well so you can grow wiser.
  3. Wise choose to fear the Lord and love knowledge – I have met so many wise people and they really search God. They are the most talented, gifted and yet introspective artist, business people I have met. What is common with these people is their recognition of their need for God. To fear the Lord and to love knowledge shows wisdom that is not revealed by man but personally revealed by God to anyone who would seek Him.
  4. Wise are neither wayward nor complacent and take warnings from God to heart – people who ignore God’s reminders and live a complacent life in the long run hurt and destroy themselves. They fail to see to long-term end result. Wise people ask God for guidance and listens to godly advice.
  5. Wise people are not rattled by the future – this is a great encouragement because this truth reminds me that it is wise to trust God. That wisdom teaches you not to panic but to be still before God... God is the author and finisher of our faith. God is our all and be all. At the end of our life, if you have God in your heart, you know that He will still hold your life and it is pointless to fear the future. At the end of your life- God is there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New