I want a leader

If anyone sets his heart on being an overseer, he desires a noble task. Now the overseer must be above reproach, the husband of but one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?) He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

In the same way, their wives are to be women worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.

A deacon must be the husband of but one wife and must manage his children and his household well. “ – I Timothy 3

The entire chapter of Timothy 3 describes what a leader should be. Although scholars would apply this towards a church leader, I want to use it to describe the man I want and he has to be a leader- not necessarily in the full time but has all of these character traits.

I realized lately that not all men are actually gentlemen. Not all men are respectable. In fact, God wants me to not settle for second best that I realized I really need a leader who can lead me closer to God’s purpose for my life.

God has protected me again from men who fall short of his standards. I am , once more, rather, all the more am I starting to appreciate Christian men. Men who are really living God’s Word. It is really different when men show they love God because they are taking their role as leaders. I have resolved to not look anywhere else and to not give my heart away because it is taken captive by God already until the right time when I'm given away to my one and only- future husband.

My husband will be so blessed because I have preserved my heart, my body, and my emotions for him alone. I will let God do the picking because He knows me better than I know myself.

I am too excited because it finally made sense why I am attracted to leaders, that is because- God has called men to follow him and take their role as leaders in the society, in their families and love their wives. Not to Lord over them but to treat them with love and respect in the same way God loves and respect the church-us his children.

I can’t take a man as my partner if he has not risen up to this level yet because God will be using me to do great things and my husband should be able to lead me, otherwise I may not follow.

This day he made this much clearer to me while counseling a separated friend. This day while I was refreshing someone, I myself was refreshed.


I was desiring a pearl but all the while God was waiting for me to give it up so He could hand me the diamond. I am reday to take the diamond because I am giving up the pearl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New