Freeloaders, Renters and Buyers

I have just finished reading this book called Freeloaders, Renters and Buyers by Willard F. Harley Jr. It is a must read that I have decided my husband to be should have read it and studied it aside from Wild at Heart.My oldest brother was reading it and it was passed on to my next brother so I am quite intrigued by it. Our family aside from being music lovers love to read books. I was able to catch this book lying around the hospital room of my mom and I can't put it down.The book explains the three levels of care where Freeloaders is at the bottom. relationships between freeloaders tend to die quickly because the two people avoid conflict, resist change and often aren't willing to commit care to each other. Renters on the other hand, are okay for a while because they do whatever they can to make each other happy. But then they run into problems when their short-sighted, self-sacrificing approach to problem solving breeds resentment and abuse. Buyers have relationships that have staying power that is rooted in their commitment to permanent and exclusive care - the kind of care that keeps both partner's best interests in mind. Freeloaders think of unconditional love but they don't want to to give that kind of love. In fact they just want to take and would reason that, "he should love me for who I am" without any effort to change.

Reading this book I discovered why my two engagement of four years and then the next engagement of three years failed. I was a renter. I sacrificed too much or requires sacrifice which breeds resentment. I realized that buyers must enthusiastically agree on terms that will both arrive to a long term solution and not just short term solutions that usually takes some form of sacrifice.

I love this book because it helps me identifies if the person is a buyer, a renter or a freeloader. One doesn't have to be married or be in a relationship to know which type he is.

Amazingly, God opened my eyes over the role of men as leaders. lately I realized that the beauty of men lies in his leadership or how he plays his God-given role to lead while women exudes beauty through submission.

A man is irresistibly charming when he is able to lead a woman (not dominate him). I want a leader, a man that will lead me to God and play an irreplaceable role in his adventure.

Comments

Psyche said…
clairest,
you really dont have to base your relationship on every book you read. these books are talking in general. you can be a renter yet have a successful relationship right? what matters most is the respect you put into the relationship plus the love and care for each other.

but i think I should read this book too. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)

Everything's New