on waiting......



I'm attempting to write a long poem on waiting and looks like I am stomped since I stopped writing poems for a long time. I have become so used to business writing that I have lost touch of my artistic writing. Good thing I can still write my thoughts. Anyways, I want to write my thoughts on waiting. Waiting is like sitting during the fourth watch of the night for the sun to rise. Now, that is how sure the promises of God are- you know for sure that the sun will rise the next day. But how about waiting for the rain to fall after a season of drought? How about waiting for the value of your stocks to go up? Now, I get you, it gets little bit tricky and unsure.

“Let not your longing slay your appetite for living” – Jim Elliot to Elizabeth Elliot

Have you ever prayed for something for so long and you are still waiting for the answer because you believe it will come to pass and that you don't want to compromise your standards because you know that what you wished and believed will come true? So you continue to pray, you wait and you listen or observe. I'm sure most of you have your own heart's desire. The word of God says that if we delight ourselves in the Lord, then he will give us the desires of our heart. Since God never lies then this holds true. However, no matter how simple his word maybe, we still question. That is because men are used to get results their way by the use of their own senses. They judge things base on what they can see. Like doubting Thomas, for some of us, "to see is to believe". Fasting helps us focus on what is not seen. Most often than not, what we don't see is more real than what we really see. Faith cannot be seen. Faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we don’t see. The question is do we have enough faith after seeing a lot of things contrary to what you wished for. That is why without faith it is impossible to please God and that anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek him.

So how do we delight ourselves in God? My friend who just got married (and I have a lot of friends who just got married), sent an email recommending a married life. I cannot remember if she is more excited about her married life or of the fact that God surprised her with a great husband. But what I can remember well is that her email sounded how she is more thrilled over God surprising her. Amazing? It practically kept me wondering the whole day and inspired me to think of how intimate my relationship with God or lack of. Will I also rejoice more of my relationship with God when I am so in love with my partner? I mean, is that possible? I was challenged to really pursue God. I realized how much God must have really waited and pursued us. That if we groan about waiting, then God has more valid reason to groan because he has been waiting for us to want Him and desire Him even longer than our wait.

I was inspired to really delight on God. After that, it is as if all the selfish desires were put-off. I just want to know if what I am doing is really something that would please him. And for all single people out there, they are missing the bliss of a romantic fellowship with God because they long too much for partnership that their focus is away from God. I must have written in my previous blog that most of our desires really stems from one thing- to know God. He is really the Only One who can satisfy our EVERY needs and wants.

So in times of doubting, waiting and testing, God’s Word is a sure offensive weapon to fight all of that. So while waiting, God’s Word should always be near us so we don’t get swayed by what we feel and what others try to dictate to us.

I am still waiting, but I am confident of this, I will see God’s goodness. I will be strong and will take heart; I will wait on Him and not just on the promises.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New