Fasting- 6th day



I joined our church annual 7 day fast which started Jan 5'07 and will end tomorrow. I'm on my 6th day and I really feel so useless and can't think straight I decided to eat and perhaps continue it again tomorrow.


Fasting is like being in love. You can't eat because you are thinking of that one special person. Same as our love for God, you can't help but set aside that special time of fasting to just think about him. I see this in most engaged couples. They don't want to be separated even for just a second.

Strange is that God has given me so much grace that I was able to come to work the past 5 days doing a liquid fast. I was even doing overtime at work and has accomplished more than when I was eating normally. But looks like it took it's toll because my patience is kindda not at it's highest level. The good side is that my impatience to get things done is making me productive. But I feel like I am not able to tolerate things where I used to have high tolerance level. I was also insensitive that I am already becoming a hot head and impatient over my agents and over petty stuff.

God is good that the last 2 days of fasting are my days off but looks like my brain is already playing tricks on me. I must have edited my previous blog several times more than usual because of grammatical errors and missing words. Funny but It's really all about Faith now. I have faith that God hears our prayers not because we can manipulate him over something by fasting. For me, this is more of consecration and being more sensitive to what he wants me to do. It's time to clean the house and for God to perform a spiritual surgery and point the cancers in my life and remove it.

This year, it is special because I have crossed so many crossroads last year and this year is even greater in terms of where God will take me. I just feel I am ready wherever, whenever and whatever it takes. I am not alone; I will go where God asks me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New