Stalker

I know I just started this morning ritual of jogging all the way to Rockwell on my rest days. Just when I am starting a new habit, a stalker has destroyed it. I am writing not to ruin his reputation, plus the fact that I don't think that guy has time reading blogs anyways. But I want to warn those who think they can get away with anything because they have the looks, sorry but I am a sucker for good character and gentleman ways.

Anyways, this guy normally calls and text and he was my friend a few years back. I guess I'm just very nice to people and don't judge them but always give them a chance. So I didn't with hold my friendship with this guy because for all I know, I can draw him closer to God or be an angel or save his life (I know I sound like a savior, sorry, maybe I need to stop this Messiah complex).

Anyways, it is 4AM, just in time for me to get up and jog by I was awakened by this friend who has been calling me but it just so happens that I am asleep that I only check the missed calls right after I wake up. This time, I answered the phone and it was the start of an unpeaceful dawn.

First, he wanted to see me and of course I declined because I am still half awake and in no condition to meet up at this time. Second, I thought if just talk on the phone, then it will be alright and his concerns can be shut up. Next thing I know, he is heading towards our house! Man, I closed my phone and hurried to my mom's room who is still talking with my brothers (yes, our family has this habit of talking at this time, the whole day most of the time- we love to talk). When my mom saw I was in a panic mode, I relayed that this guy wants to see me at this time.

She advised me to go ahead and meet him but my brother will accompany me because if I shut off the phone then the stalking would continue. Fearfully I opened the phone and there you go, he is calling me again. I found my self giving him directions until he is in front of our house. To cut it short, my mom accompanied me down the stairs and met up with this guy. Finally, he noticed the sign that I am not going elsewhere and enter his car. I put off my jogging plans.

I wanted to be a friend to this guy and at the same time let him know of hi boundaries. It is quite insensitive for him to just barge in like that which totally blew me off. He texted to apologize but I have learned my lesson- real men who has honest intentions will not use spontaneity to manipulate other people. Deep inside my heart, I know he just wants to get something from me more than he wants to give something to me.

Finally, this guy admitted he just got married and wanted out of the relationship-OMG, it is good to know God has protected me. Until now, I am thankful that I am a sucker for character because I don't want to compromise my choice of partner over momentary happiness. I mean, I trust God will give me the best.

After that, I asked God to protect me from those with bad intentions...there are many of them if you are not careful.

Note: To all my friends who have posted their comments, I finally approved all of them. I never knew they existed until I migrated to Google account, hew! I am thrilled and floored about your nice words!

To all single out there- celebrate where you are right now because God has a purpose for you. Marriage is not just a paper you can purchase when you bad it enough, it is a commitment; it entails sacrifice, respect and love.

Let us please God in every way, single or married because that is our goal in life!


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
What are the characteristics of a stalker?

Stalkers are not always strangers. In many stalking cases, the victim is acquainted with the perpetrator. The following warning signs are characteristics of a stalker. These characteristics appear in other abusive relationships as well. If you feel threatened by anyone, whether or not you believe it is a stalker, contact University Police.

  • Extreme jealousy
  • Expectation that you will spend all of your time with him/her
  • Expectation that you will inform him/her of your whereabouts
  • Follows you frequently
  • Threatens you
  • Damages your property
  • Talks about violence or is fascinated with themes of violence
  • Makes your family or friends feel scared or uneasy
  • Offers unsolicited help
  • Refuses to accept no for an answer
  • Isolates you from your friends and/or family

Comments

Psyche said…
good to know you got rid of him.

happy new year girl! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk