I have decided to stay happy!

"Haggard!!!” that's the common term used in the travel industry where I am now. I never thought that being in a travel account is three times harder than technical support. To think my previous account was the elite group in terms of technicality and highly skilled in terms of troubleshooting. Imagine the combination skills of dial-up, DSL, cable and web hosting rolled into one and yet Expedia.com is such a hard account. True it is more of customer service but the tools we use are highly technical (talk about worldspan), and the policies per airline, hotel and car vendor is way above my head. You need to be highly skilled or highly dedicated to master it. Never worked this hard my entire life although I've worked as QA supervisor but I am able to finish my task. This one keeps on piling and I can't afford to miss work. It's crunch time each time, every time. In terms of emails (200 plus a day), cases to be resolved, customer satisfaction ratings, co-workers, managers, agents I need to deal with every single day. It's like learning to juggle the most important and most urgent using both hands and feet.

And guess what? Oh, I love my job! Yes, you read it right. I love my job because first of all, it’s a gift of God, It's an answered prayer. I love my office, in the heart of Ayala and the best floor in PS Center (5th floor), I love my new found friends, I love my team and my agents. I guess it's easy for me to love people and show that I care.

I believe in relationships and don't treat it as disposable. I may have some friendships that rested for awhile but schedule permitting; the fondness of friendship hasn't changed. Same is true with my EarthLink barkada, oh boy! I miss my family of two years. The time I was there were the best times for Webhosting team. Early breakfasts after shift. Expedia is not the breakfast type. They are the pizza at night people. Different strokes for different folks.

God really knows how to place people, it’s like I'm a born supervisor slash admin slash counselor slash analytics. I love what I'm doing. I don't suppose I'm married to my job but when it comes to people, I'm really hands on. I love being with people and making a difference in their lives.

Well, well well, who says you can never make a career out of a call center job? And I'm going on my 5th year. Yes, indeed, I'm built for this job I guess. Coolness! I got the Quality Cup for April (no more disputes please) and Yes! Yes! Yes! I topped the 30 plus teams (I have the best team, I owe it to them).

But yes, I want a life after this. I HAVE DECIDED TO BE HAPPY! And when someone asks me how am I doing? I say, "I'm happy and blessed". Thank God, he is the one that gave me the satisfaction with my job. Coolness!

They say I'm a strong supe, a good supe, a kind supe, a strategic supe. But I want to be remembered as a leader that made a difference in people’s lives.

Comments

Buffy said…
I've been touched.

That's really all I have to say.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)