Walking with the Clouds

Walking with the clouds is the safest place on earth. When I say clouds, I'm referring to God's leading, his move, his direction. I'm excited to be now based at the Fort. I have been away from Fort for three years. I was assigned to do back up for galleria in the 9&11 team for two years and one year in the Saturday team. I am now coming back to my home after three years, not that galle wasn't my home for three years because I established and found my spiritually family there as well. I can sense a fresh start, like a newly cut grass that I can lie down. Like a break of a new day. I have a lot of new things this year. I'm moving to a new leadership group because my mentor is moving to Sidney and I'm brokenhearted but we need to follow the cloud, God's new direction. And I know that it's going to be a little awkward but exciting at first.

I came from Edel and Richard's wedding and so far it was the most romantic wedding I have been through, actually Kirt and Him's wedding was enchanting but this one was like, so moving. Most of them cried, at the onset during the bridal march while Richard was singing the song for Edel, Richard was in tears. Then half through the Word, Edel cried. After the ceremony, both of them are in tears. During the photoshoot, Richard's small brother Benjie cried. During the honoring and message of the parents, what else? but everyone cried.

I love the fact that they are so full of faith and they are starting together with big faith. I don't despise small beginnings, in fact the bible says not to despise the days of small beginnings in Zephaniah. I can feel the presence of God, the love of the couple, their faith lingers all throughout the night. My own faith was challenged and put to a test.

This couple, the three of us matter of fact started hanging out during Mondays, our days off, then after services, sometimes three times a week. To malls, UP sunken garden, funerals, coffee houses and I found a spiritual prayer partner in them until the two move forward to courtship and after 8 months they got married and I am just so hapy to witness it all.

I hosted the reception with Carlo and sang a few songs during the ceremony. I was with Ivy and we were enjoying our time, not to say this mentor or discipleship thing is starting as she joins my leadership group, she is a blessing.

I just want to commend Carlo my co-host for the night, for being so gentleman all throughout the event. I don't know if it's OC or gentleman but being a vet in hosting weddings, he also became the runner, if the best man needs a champagne glass for his toast, if there's a male missing to play the part, he is game to fill in the role, if there's nitty gritty detail that has to be filled in, flash, he goes. I needed to stop him at times to not concern himself with stuff that is outside his task for the night and he willingly obliged. Maybe there are really some men who has that gift to see a need in advance and fills it in, that's Carlo, hats off to you partner. I had a blast hosting the entire event, I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Huh! I just need to be careful because I have two more weddings coming up but I'm thankful I will help at the background only, or not really because I will be singing at Rose's wedding. I love dressing up, meeting new people, developing new relationships, re-discovering old ones. What i don't like about weddings? Loosing weight, ha! But it's good for me I know though sometimes I loose track because I love desserts.

Great, I love desserts but I only got to eat after the reception when we showered the last rose petal to the bride on her way out the garden to their honeymoon. By that time, I unglamorously pulled a chair to rest my legs to rest them after 6 hours of running and standing. With Ivy on my right, Liza and Jeff at the other table having, talking out loud, who needs further entertainment? I was at the peak of the night's bliss. Debbie and Joy are like gentle breezes, so is Riz. What a night. Many single people are still seated at the tables, bonding, laughing and enjoying the leftovers, and there are lots of them we managed to take home a chunk of cake. And Carlo, he set the table so we could eat after, I was delighted and refreshed.

It was a beautiful night indeed. God is a Creator of beautiful things. And God never stop doing new things, I look forward til the next wedding.......Yes Carlo, ok I agree, it was a perfect night (although it was hot even by 9 pm).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything's New

Happy Talk