Waiting, is like a light at the end of the tunnel

I know, I know, I have been neglecting my blog lately. Well, a lot of people are commenting that they love reading my blog but I don't really update it. Nyways, a lot of things has been going on all at the same time. I just got my promotion which is what I have been wanting for the last two years? And of course my hands are all so full with all trainings and really making friends here and there. This time not just testing the waters but really knowing how it feels to be in the travel business.

Talk about testing the waters, yes, I have been testing a lot of waters lately, relationships, new people, and new places. And I tell you, a girl and guy friendship can really be complicated. I mean, I rejoice over the fact that I have a lot of guy friends because I feel that I'm normal. I mean you know how it feels to be raised in a coed school as opposed to an all-girls-school? I should say that as a person I'm pretty balanced because I do have friendship with guys that I hold dear and without malice. But lately I'm experiencing the ups and downs I guess. Guy friendships just let me enjoy being who I am because they won't judge you. I mean even if you act like a cowboy, they couldn't careless because most often than not they are the cowboys plus I rarely act rugged. I mean they have no emotional hang ups because they tend to appear ok most of the time, because they are men and they think they are not supposed to appear like an emotional faucet with a leakage. So all we do is fun, fun, fun and more fun. But sometimes, it's hard to read through them because I don't know if they are still having fun or they already have their own problems. So I need to use my gift--I need to be able to feel if I need to pray for them or I need to treat them out and make them smile because they had a rough day. In so many words, I'm having the biggest puzzle going on right now because I'm trying to figure out a friend. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Prayer is always the best so at this time even if that friend of mine is not making me sleep, I'm sure that he will be alright, and me? I'm just here praying and waiting for him to be alright.
Talk about waiting, here is the most awaited thoughts about waiting. I have shared this several times in small groups, friends and even counseling and I hope you get to benefit from this.

-->WAITING is a proof of trust. The more you wait, the more truth is going to be revealed. Enough waiting, enough truth, more waiting, more truth. When waiting is full, complete, the whole complete, full truth is going to be revealed! Waiting is a powerful tool that Satan doesn't want us to discover because, he doesn't know hoe to wait. He wants it now! Or never or he'll walk away, do crazy stuff and rebel. That I exactly what happened when he tried to grab power from God, when he tried to tempt Jesus and asked him to turn the stones to become bread. Satan would always want things to happen his terms, his time, and don't want to wait.
Now let us look to Jesus. Jesus waited for 30 years for just 3 1/2 years of ministry. He waited all his life to fulfill the very purpose why he was born, to die on the cross and save mankind. In my limited thinking, I would think, why he has to wait till he reached 30 when he could have done that when he was 15, 21, 25. He's going to do it anyways, and ey! Isn’t that obedience?

This is my favorite, Ruth waited for Boaz. I know most people will react on this but I find it interesting why Ruth has to be married first, wait for his husband to die, accompany her mother in law Naomi, stuck with Naomi and later be married to her destiny--Boaz. And as you know, Boaz was the grand father of David. What a great destiny!
My answer to that is--God will reveal it in the end. Truth will be revealed in his own sweet time.

And waiting is hard because along the way, you feel tired, and even hopeless. But hope is the anchor to our soul and we should never give that up. Hope deferred makes the heart sick and I hate that feeling. That only happens when the object of our waiting is a person. Our waiting is going to be rewarding if we wait on God. Because God can always turn the hearts of men like a watercourse wherever he please.

1. Wait on the Lord- "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." (ps 27:14). Waiting needs strength, a great amount of it. It takes courage. Just like Abraham who in his old age faced that fact that although his body is as good as dead, he did not waver in unbelief but he considered God who promised him that he will have his own son and a father of many nations--is faithful to fulfill his promise. I believe for my own family too and many people would try to tell me not to wait anymore because after all, this and that man is interested. Or here is another option or would even say, do this or else...It's comforting to know that I'm not waiting for a person but on God. And yes, my life is but worth nothing if I would not live it for him alone. But of course, I know it can get tiring. I do feel broken hearted when things don't happen the way I expected. I do get lonely and I do feel like quitting at times. But ey! Perspective should be on the right focal point--God. Our all and be all, the beginning and the end.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
Though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
Though there are no sheep in the pen
And no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights."
Hab 3:17-19

This verse made me cry because I was waiting for something to bear fruit and I'm just waiting for one single fruit to ripen. But God made me realize that the worst of things can happen. The tree may not bud at all and a field can produce no crop. I mean these are impossible scenarios but then again, perspective! I will rejoice in God because He will make me stand on the heights like a deer. I love the deer because they climb high and steep mountains and yet looked graceful. God's grace is with us when we allow God to be the object of our joy, our affection, our waiting!

2. Wait patiently-"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry" (psalm 40:1). Saul didn't wait for Samuel and went ahead to offer the sacrifice (1 Sam 13:8-9). This act changed his destiny and the leadership in Israel for God's favor departed from Saul to David. On the outside, Saul's excuse was valid because his men are already scattering and they need to fight but cannot do so because they need to wait for the prophet Samuel to start the sacrifice and Samuel was 7 days delayed. As a leader, one would think that it’s just about right to initiate things. Perspective again! A leader must follow his orders from God. Saul didn't, he followed his instincts, his own fear and it showed he has no fear of God. Abraham made a mistake too. The father of faith actually had a son with a slave. And that changed history because his son with a slave-Ishmael and his descendants are still at odds with the real son--Isaac and his descendants. Hello, I don't want my kids and grand kids to fight over my wrong choice of husband (just thinking out loud).

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently"-Romans 8:25

Patience is the fruit of the Holy Spirit. A man's wisdom gives him patience. Ad patience shows Love (1 cor 13:4).

3. Waiting is an opportunity for God to move- You want God's deliverance? Wait for Him to move (pr20: 22) Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you. Don't panic, but BE STILL and know that He is God.

-->but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 40:31)
-->"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...” (Isaiah 30:15)

The end result of waiting is always a closer relationship with God. It draws us nearer to him. We trust him daily to carry us through. He renews our strength. He makes us stand on the heights. He will never fail us.

ENJOY WAITING! God is perfecting us and cause all things to work for our good (Romans 8:28). The longer the preparation, the shorter the execution! It's not a smooth and easy road but it is rewarding! Waiting shows wisdom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great work!
[url=http://hwfnmhzo.com/xtmo/kjdj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xndnrfnu.com/zyyu/wzlw.html]Cool site[/url]
Anonymous said…
Anonymous said…
Nice site!
http://hwfnmhzo.com/xtmo/kjdj.html | http://gzttjxgu.com/uvpm/fsoy.html

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New