My Favorite Saturday Kabarkada


Well I never really thought I'd grow to love these folks in a short span of time. They are not the usual type of folks anyone can have because they're extraordinary. I guess more than anyone in terms of affiliation, I'm the least likely to belong in the group because all of them have common work, small groups or ministry that's why they are together most of the time. Yet every saturday since I was introduced with Mayette, Line, Mike and Lorraine, I'm finding myself in the same small group each time after service. We'd go to dinner at Metrowalk for the most part, either coffee at Gloria Jeans 'til midnight or videoke at Maru's. Sometimes I woud manage to bring the music team with me and it was a blast at Maru's. Then the circle started getting bigger as I would meet Jay, Sam (girl), Sam (boy), Chris, JC, Erwin and of course always with me is Poupe. What is special about them is their willingness to listen as a group. Yeah! You are right! it's the first time I encountered a group that would just listen what you have to say about life, views and jokes. Name it! we have talked about almost everything and yet I feel that they just absorb what I have to say about Mike Murdock, my questions about life, God and love. I mean, I'm actually celebrated and appreciated or should I say, I am recognized. If there is one thing I love, that is two things: read books and talk about it ( or write about it). I guess naturally spontaneous writers like me really love to share and talk most of the time. Most of the time, i am warned not to think too much. I tend to overanalyze things and then think, think and think again.
Well the good thing is whenever I am with groups such as this , I can process my thoughts and share them. And they want more each time and of course I'm glad to think of on the spot sharing material and i end up sharing what God has been doing lately, what books I've read, what thoughts i have about such and such. These draws me to the conclusion that this is my group or I belong in this group because they actually take time to know me. As Mike Murdock, my favorite teacher and author would say, everything you need in life is already inside of you or resides with the people around you and it is just merely awaiting to be recognized. Anything that is unrecognized is uncelebrated, anything that is uncelebrated is unappreciated and anything you fail to recognize gradually exits your life. It could be a friend, an uncommon opportunity, a talent, a gift, a mentor. Because everything is created to be an answer to someone or somebody.
Mayette is seemingly shy and quiet but she will explode with lines that will make you fall to the ground because she'll bash you with personal jokes that if you are not prepared or onion-skinned, you'll be beaten on the dot. Jay is unassuming but like Mayette, will send you bundles of laughter once he opens up his mouth. JC is sweet and would sing all day long just as much as she will giggle all night long. Mike laughs like a thunderbolt, you'll never have a dull moment with this fella, it's always sunshine with him. Line is hyper active and would freely share her dancesteps anytime of the day. Sam (boy) is funny, Sam (girl) is sweet, Chris is sweet too (no wonder he and Sam ended up together). Poupe the group's athlete may deceive you with her serious looks but when she starts to crack, it's a whole new ball game. Lorraine may be silent but watch out when she speaks her mind, she'll give you wisdom.

This group is the answer to my spiritual family needs. I mean as the song goes, " i have found where i belong, i'm a living stone, in this house i will grow."
I am blessed to be surrounded by such loving, caring, funny, gifted, wise men and women in my life. They add up to my joy and builds me up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Everything's New