Lighthouse

Many times I have been referred to as a lighthouse. Four years back, I met an Australian pastor named Jake Bethlem. He called me from a crowd and told me that he can see that I am full of light (just dunno if he literally saw light rays shining on me). He also prophesied that I am a lighthouse and all my past and my future will be the materials God will use to build me into a lighthouse. During that time, I have been into a relationship and am very much wounded. True enough my name suggests light. Claire means "clarus" in Latin meaning bright, clear famous. I love to explain things and become a light to my friends. And so I know since then that my life is going to be a series of enlightenment for others.


Two weeks ago, one of my friends Lance gave me a word about the Lighthouse. He saw a vision of a majestic tower, a lighthouse with four beams of light pointing to the north, south, east and west. The lighthouse I so huge and white like an ivory. It has vines clinging all around it and it stood beside the ocean banks. There would be a time he says that I would tire lighting up my lighthouse but people from all over would travel by boats in throngs and with them are candles. They would cheer me up to continue lighting up the lighthouse and I will be encouraged.

Two months back prior I asked my brother Jehu to give a vision and he saw something, guess what? Yes, a lighthouse again. I so love lighthouse and I know that, that is going to be my purpose, my call and my destiny.
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

Isaiah 49:6
he says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."



That is why I need to be careful with what I feed in my eyes because I am a light to the people around me.

Matthew 6:23

But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Luke 11:34

Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness.


I love watching movies but I'm more discriminating when watching them. I saw Eternal Sunshine by Jim Carrey, Sylvia by Gwyneth Paltrow, Collateral damage by Tom Cruise and The Village, which is a suspense love story. I watched all four of them last week, huh! Talk about being discriminating (he he he).

I should say the last one was my favorite followed by Eternal Sunshine. Ivy from the movie The Village shows how much "perfect love drives out fear". One friend commented, "Are there any women like Ivy still alive today", and at the back of my head I said to myself, "well it's because you're not pursuing one so you wouldn't know or you have been looking at the wrong places or the wrong crowd!” Ivy looks delicate, fragile. Though physically blind, she's so full of intuition that she can run across the field, recognize every person she meets like a person with a normal eyesight. She's strong, fearless, loving and passionate.

Someday, I will be found like Ivy by someone special assigned by God and I will also be faced with series of tests to prove my love and devotion. I know that commitment is not going to be a problem on my part because I have endured a lot through all these years. But I need to be careful with the man who will win my heart. That man should really be God's choice because I dare not run and walk through life together with a man, which I know, is not His will for me.

As my favorite song by Avalon, "I don't want to go” speaks well of what I believe when it comes to choices:

I don't wanna go somewhere, if I know that you're not there, coz I know to live without you is a lie.
I don't wanna walk that road, be a million miles from home, coz my heart needs to be right where you are
I don’t wanna go

Without your hand, without your love filling me like an ocean
for your grace is enough, enough for me
I don't wanna go somewhere if I know that you're not there
I don't wanna go there without you!

If only people will realize that life without God is pointless and meaningless

Remember Your Creator While Young

Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all. But let him remember the days of darkness, for they will be many. Everything to come is meaningless. Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment. So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.
-Ecclesiastes 11: 7-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)