All About Cammy

Cammy is one of those few people I know that will instantly make you feel comfortable. She speaks with innocence and charm that cannot be denied. Whenever she holds my hand, I always feel that I am the greatest because that is her gift, she has a healing touch. I felt like a part of me was torn away when she left for UK for further studies. She’s my confidante, my accountability partner. I miss her but I am assured that she’s growing up to be the kind of woman God wants her to be.

This reminds me of the passage in the scripture when Jesus was saying goodbye to his disciples and I dedicate this blog page for her.

John 14: 15-31
"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth.


Ø What’s good about this Cam is that, “you are not alone”. The Holy Spirit is with you. Another here means another “of the same kind”. Jesus knows the feelings of his disciples when he was trying to tell them that they wouldn’t see him physically in a matter of time but there would be someone who will make them feel as if he’s never gone away.

Ø You know the feeling when you’re with someone so dear to you and you’ve formed the habit of running to that friend in times of need and all of a sudden after getting used to your friend’s company you felt devastated that your friend has to go away permanently.

Ø But Jesus wants to tell you not to be deceived that you are alone. “You may be lonely but not alone”. As a matter of fact don’t trust what you see.

Ø Walk by faith and not by sight

Ø The Spirit of Truth will reveal this to you Cammy.

The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."


Ø The last thing God wants is for you to live like an orphan. But you are not because The Father is in you as long as you are in Him


Ø If you love God, you will obey him. And part of that is Rejoice!


Philippians 4-9:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.


Ø Paul said this while in prison and no one was there for him.

Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world? "Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. "Come now; let us leave.

Ø “…But the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. “

Ø This is the best part: we live, we breathe, and we move and have our being because of God. Therefore, the safest place on earth is in the center of God’s will.

Ø Jesus knew he would die on the cross and suffer terribly but he accepted it with all joy because his food is to the will of the Father.

Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

Cammy, remember the time when God gave me a vision of you: slim, pretty, writing down a letter for me. He assured me that our friendship would even get better as time goes by. Some people say that “out of sight, out of mind” but I believe that “distance makes the heart grow fonder” and that “friends are friends forever if the Lord’s the Lord of them”. The Bible says, “A friend loves at all times”

Proverbs 17:17A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.


Thanks to Cammy for……..

Cammy is the person responsible for making my heart swell with gladness when she organized my birthday last Feb 28, 2004. She grouped together my d12, cellgroup and loved ones on that special day. It was my happiest because God showed up and I got all of these prayer and prophecy (like there’s no tomorrow, “you know what I mean). I believe it was because Cammy made it super special and of course God cannot be outdone that’s why He made it all the more special.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Talk

Psalm 23 (For the Work Place)

Everything's New